This article was last updated on September 24
Here is my picture of the week from the Economist that shows the state-by-state heat map of American’s who don’t have health insurance. Much more than I thought. I found this graphic when I was recently browsing for private health insurance quotes to see if I could save money relative to what I pay through my standard company plan. I was unpleasantly surprised to see the cost of private health insurance for even the lowest levels of coverage. With open enrollment around the corner I won’t be complaining too much about the 3 to 5 percent premium increase my employer has instituted. Still about 70% cheaper than going into the private health insurance market for comparable levels of family coverage.
Below the picture you’ll find some links to other great articles and sites I encountered of late. Peace!
Recommended reads to start the week
– MMM Sticking with his principles to give up 4K a month. Impressive.
– Sad news, but some great advice after the passing away of a loved one. Dough roller
– An interesting way to make money as an Amazon seller. Discipline is a must though. My Dollar Plan
– Some well known and new ideas on how to pay less in taxes and save money. Money Crashers
– An interesting look at job opportunities overseas. The Digerati Life