This article was last updated on June 19
With millions of Americans unemployed and many coming to this site to get information on enhanced unemployment benefits, I thought it would be helpful to provide some positive news around several companies that have publicly announced that they’re implementing massive hiring plans over this summer as the economy and consumer spending rebound following the Coronavirus induced slowdown. So without further ado here is a list of various companies that have publicly announced their upcoming hiring plans. If you know of any other large or new organizations not listed below please leave a comment below. I will also continue to update this list as new information comes to hand and encourage you to subscribe to get the latest updates
- McDonald’s expects to progressively hire 260,000 workers in the United States this summer as it reopens restaurants for dine-in patrons.
- Subway said that its franchisees will hire 50,000 workers across North America as it sees more consumer demand and in-store purchases.
- Amazon to hire 175,000 new workers across it fulfillment centers and delivery network. as demand rises due to Coronavirus. They are continuing to hire at all levels.
- Instacart says it’s looking to hire 300,000 contract workers over the next few months
- Albertsons is hiring 50,000 people across their companies for open roles.
- CVS Health is hiring 50,000 employees to serve in various capacities across its business.
- Walmart is hiring 50,000 workers for its distribution and fulfillment centers.
- Dollar General says it’s looking to add 50,000 employees by the end of April.
- FedEx is hiring 35,000 people for essential roles.
- Taco Bell and Pizza Hut are hiring 50,000+ people to work at its restaurants.
- Hardware stores like Ace, Lowe’s and Home Depot are each hiring 20,000 to 30,000 people to work in its stores nationwide.
- Dollar Tree, which is also the parent company of Family Dollar, is hiring 25,000 workers for its stores and distribution centers.
- Walgreens is hiring 25,000 employees for permanent and temporary roles.
- 7-Eleven is hiring up to 20,000 employees due to increased demand.
- Kroger is looking to hire an additional 20,000 workers across the U.S.
- AutoZone plans to hire 17,000 people over the next three months.
- Chipotle Mexican Grill is planning to hire 10,000 people.
- Citi is hiring people for more than 15,000 positions globally.
- Northrop Grumman plans to hire more than 10,000 people across the U.S.
- T-Mobile is hiring 5,000 people across the country over the next year.
While many of the jobs may be for lower wage roles, significant middle to senior management opportunities are also available. To apply for a job at one of these companies go to their website (find their careers page) or go to a major job site (e.g. Linkedin) and apply for roles that meet your search criteria. An even better option is to try and find someone in your professional or personal network that works at one of these companies and can submit your application as an internal referral. That vastly improves the chance of you getting an interview for the role. Despite all the doom and gloom, the good news is that jobs are available.